Matty D. Media is looking for the ideal candidate to serve as a marketing assistant. Job roles will include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the company at business networking events such as local chambers of commerce
- Representing the company at trade shows
- Researching qualified client prospects
- Meeting 1-to-1 with business owners
- Creating cost estimates in QuickBooks
- Taking phone calls
- Making phone calls
*1-3 Months Out:
- Managing e-mail marketing campaigns such as Constant Contact
- Managing campaigns in Facebook Ads Manager
- Writing content for the company website
- Social media marketing on company page
- Planning video campaigns through pre-production meetings
- And more contingent on marketing assistant’s strengths
*After company training and a proven track record of results for the first 30 days, a marketing assistant would have the opportunity to take on more responsibilities.
Marketing Assistant Qualifications
- The ideal candidate has completed an associates degree (or equivalent) in communications or related field
- The ideal candidate has professional phone etiquette
- The ideal candidate conducts him/herself in a professional manner in meetings, while “keeping it conversational”
- The ideal candidate must be committed to working 24 hours a week, at least some during normal business hours
- The ideal candidate must be a quick learner, able to multi-task, and follow directions well
Pay Rate for Marketing Assistant
The ideal client will be paid as an independent contractor and on a specific cost formula for specific results. For example, the independent contractor will be paid at least $4 per e-mail sent, $17.50 per (hour) meeting scheduled and attended, plus commissions, when other conditions are met. We will share the full incentives package with the right candidates.
About Employment At Matty D. Media
Matty D. Media is an equal opportunity employer. Since launching in 2015, we have relied on both employees and local freelancers alike. This position will start as a part-time job, independent contractor agreement. We absolutely want to grow with the right person to create a full time position. We are considering two days a week to start. Because it’s an independent contractor position, we will not mandate where and when you have to be somewhere. However, the ideal candidate will be expected to travel to Lawrence, Kansas occasionally for training and business community meetings.
What is a Marketing Assistant at Matty D. Media?
This could be the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking for a career change into video marketing. Applicants can have other jobs. We just ask that those other jobs don’t conflict with what we’re selling (video production).
How to apply as a Marketing Assistant
E-mail your resume to Matt DeSarle at email@example.com and include a very brief cover letter. Improve your chances of getting an interview sooner by calling (785) 917-1999 and giving a 30 second pitch on why you should be considered for the position. The ideal candidate must be able to deliver a message in a clear, professional, persuasive, and succinct fashion. Thank you for your consideration. Phone calls are welcomed 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. U.S. Central Time.